Insurance and Fee Arrangements
There is no charge for an initial telephone consultation.
For your convenience Medicare, many insurance companies, managed care plans, and EAP providers can be billed directly. Some clients prefer to self-pay for services.
Questions to Ask an Insurer
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deducible and has it been met?
- Do I have a copayment and how much is that per session?
- How many sessions are offered per plan year?
- Is there an annual or lifetime maximum benefit for mental health services?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- Is pre-approval required prior to the first visit?
Fees and Copayments
Fees and co-payments are expected at the time of each visit. Checks, cash, credit cards, Health Reimbursement Account cards, and Flexible Spending Account cards are accepted. PayPal is also available for your convenience.
Generally EAP sessions are provided at no cost to you. Please discuss details and limits of your EAP benefits with your Employee Assistance Program Representative.
A limited number of discounted fee arrangements are available to clients with documented need.
There is a fee for all returned checks. Return check fees are the client’s responsibility.
Appointment Cancellation Policy
A 24-hour advance notice of appointment cancellation is required or the client will be charged the full fee. Insurance companies do not reimburse for missed or cancelled appointments.