Polyamory is a relationship oriented approach to non-monogamy. Persons seeking out counseling may want to explore issues surrounding their polyamorous relationships or they have other concerns not directly impacting polyamory.
- Experiencing acceptance, searching for role models, and building a community
- Coming out to family and children, friends, or in the workplace
- Negotiating clear and honest communication with your partners
- Processing feelings and enhancing problem solving skills
- Developing healthy boundaries
- Connecting with competent and validating healthcare providers
- Sexual health, negotiating safer sex, and relationships
Polyamory and polyamorous relationships come in a variety of configurations. Talk therapy can assist with various issues that adults may experience.